lying_in_wait
(member)
02/11/10 03:14 PM
Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups

If I'm not mistaken, biodegradable shot shell components have been around for a while. Greenlight is the name that comes to mind but I think there are others. I've read somewhere about a shell made entirely of recycled materials (shot, wad and case) and the hull as well as the wad are biodegradable. One only needs to look about 40 years back in history to discover that nearly all shot shells were biodegradable back then,ie: paper hulls and fiber wads. Seems to me that if a company wanted to make a true "green" shell then a transition back back to paper would be a heck of a lot more environmentally friendly to produce than plastic. No, I would not pay more, the current offerings are already overpriced and reloading is getting more expensive as well. There is nothing wrong with wanting to address and reduce shotgun litter, but let's face it, "green" shells are really nothing more than a money making ploy so the shooter can feel good about himself for protecting the environment while paying a premium for the privilege. The reality is that the mere manufacture of the plastic to begin with, and whatever chemicals are required to make it break down harm the environment much more than the finished product does laying on the ground.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5